Sooooo.. It’s been a little over 2 months since I’ve blogged. SHAME ON ME!! I don’t know what happened after April.. But, I just stopped. Was I busy? Not really. Was I just being lazy? Probably. As I’m writing this, I’m trying to sum up the last 2 months in this blog post. I’m looking back in my journal and my instagram pics on big events that happened –
1. I finished the Whole 30 Program! My last blog post was about me being half way into the whole30! So to all you that were wondering if I finished or not, well I DID. To celebrate, I went to Provo Bakery and binged ate donuts. So yay for me!! But, honestly – I did feel sooooo good when I was doing Whole 30. Whole 30 taught me how to eat clean in a very good way!
2. My best friend Kim Johnson (AKA my future sister-in-law) got married to Steven Houghton on May 9th, 2015! They got sealed in the Los Angeles LDS Temple and she looked STUNNING in her dress. I’m happy that I had a part at her wedding as a bridesmaid 🙂 Congratulations to the Newlyweds! (almost 2 months ago lol)
3. My best friend’s Jaime & Devin threw me the cutest bridal shower! I had it way early because Jaime & Devin were moving back to their home states and other friends were starting Summer Internships soon! I’m grateful for all of the friends & family that came and showered me with love 😉 (Also, I found my love for baking cakes!!!)
4. My best friend Kari Ryser got married to Peter Stowell!!! The wedding WE HAVE ALL been waiting for!!! Long story short, Baby Lizzie turned 19 and had a birthday party. & at that bday party, that’s where Kari & Peter met! So YOU ARE WELCOME!! I will never stop saying that muahahaha. Anyways, I had a great time with my best girl friends from freshmen year (AKA 6 chicks) & it was our first time all together in a long time. This California trip was probably the most relaxing trip according to Steven. We ate good food, stayed with good friends (Jaime & The Bergsma’s), went to the beach, Won a donut pillow on the Santa Monica Pier and just had an overall good time with our great friends. Congrats to Kari & Peter!!! I love you guys so much!
Kari’s reception/backyard was a DREAM!! And she is a dream too!!!!
COME TO PROVO LINDSAY AND LUKE SO I CAN BABYSIT BENTLEY FOR YOU GUYS
Kari’s Grandpa was the cutest when we were sending Kari & Peter off!
Shout out to Rex & Kristin for being such great hosts for Steven, Lindsay, Luke & I! We LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
5. I like to bake cakes now and I want to keep doing them so if you are having a party let me know and I’ll bake you a cake for freeeeee!!! This was a cake for my best friend Myunghee’s bridal shower. White chocolate cake with rose buttercream frosting!
7. Impromptu photo shoots with your best friend Andrea are fun too! Especially when you get to work with Lori Romney Photography, Miss Stevi Marie (Flower Crowns), Margie Keates (@TheLovelyAve), @Themagnoliaflowerco, @elementsinmotionfilms, and Twirl Dress Boutique!!! This location was in the Studio Room in SLC with all natural lighting. Let me just say.. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!
8. In the beginning of this month, I had the chance to go to Vegas with Steven! My brother Mark & Sis-in-Law Imee were in town for a high school friend’s wedding! It was so good for Steven to meet Mark & Imee! Luckily, they all loved him and Steven loved the both of them as well! We ate a lot of good food, rode the High Roller Ferris Wheel, and just hang out and relax with family!
Shackapalooza = Vanilla & chocolate custard, marshmallow cream, fudge bites, brownie bites, Belgium waffle bites, heath bits, and OMG it was just so yummy.
Baby George is WALKING!
9. Summer days are upon us!!! We had the chance to attend Strawberry Days Carnival in Pleasant Grove and my favorite rode: The Lehi Round Up!!! (But, I’m allergic to horses :() It was still fun though!! But, the highlight of Strawberry days was the strawberries and cream. OH MY. We ate our weight in that..
We can’t forget about the Provo Food Truck Round UP!! SO YUMMY.
10. My best friend Myunghee Sim got married to Brian Tuttle!!! #ItTakesTwoToTuttle (lol i love it) They were sealed in the San Diego Temple on June 20th & we drove all the way to San Diego for it! But, it was worth it! Myunghee looked SO beautiful and it was a BLAST being a bridesmaid with my best friends (6 Chicks). We went to the beach, hung out with friends & family and just participated in all of the wedding festivities! I’m glad that every time we go on a trip, Steven gets to know my best friends better (AKA Kristine & Roger!) 5 down… and one more to go! & that’s me!!! Congrats Myunghee & Brian!! I love you guys!!!
I love them so much!!!!
SO GOOD to see Haleigh!! I’ve missed you!!
Sandy kisses for this babe of mine (heart eyes heart eyes)
So that was my top 10 events these passed 2 months. There are probably way more but based on Instagram… This is what I’ll tell you! I know i’ll be better at blogging now that I’m all caught up!! Steven and I have about 7 weeks till our wedding, and we are stoked!! I’m grateful for these moments that I’ll never forget whether it’s with best friends, Steven, Family, etc. Life is really really good.
I just love him so much 🙂