So a lot has changed. I’m married NOW. WHAAAAAT. So crazy. Anyways, I’ll blog about the wedding day soon once I get all of the photos. Right now, I want to focus on the past year. Me as a 22 year old. I guess you can say that it was one crazy, AMAZING year for me.
Last year I was celebrating my 22nd birthday in our nation’s capital with my family! I moved back to Utah and started my first “big-girl” job. Quit that “big-girl” job & now I’m working at another “big-girl” job. So, here’s to 22 of my favorite events and advice to all of you 20 something year olds. Hopefully this blog post works out.. I might just ramble, but whatever.
- I started dating my (now) husband a month after I turned 22. Best decision to say yes to a BYU Women’s soccer game & asking him to come over to do manual labor with me and build my IKEA dresser together.
- Running AND Finishing the Nike Women’s Half Marathon in San Francisco in October 2014! Jaime & I drove through the night to get to SF & IDK how I ran that half with 5 hours of sleep.
- I started a fitness instagram!! I know some people might make fun of it.. but I actually really like it and it motivates me. I love that I can see where my progress is… Follow me! @Liz_linsanity
- I started a travel/adventure blog called The Yesmads with one of my best friends, Emilee Crowder! It was short lived… but we had many MANY adventures in that short time.
- Roadtrips roadtrips roadtrips. I think I went on about a million roadtrips in the past year. Vegas, Colorado, South Dakota and California (a million times). Steven & I decided to get a Southwest card and we’ve been racking up points ever since!! it’s seriously the best and now we just fly everywhere. (airplane emoji)
- Celebrating holidays like Thanksgiving & Christmas with Steven & his wonderful family 🙂
- Weddings, weddings, and more weddings!! (Not just mine.. but most of my best friends!!)
- Going to Provo Bakery a million times
- Getting ENGAGED to the love of my life!!!!!!
- Getting MARRIED to the love of my life!!!!!!!
- Best friends coming home from missions!!
- Found my love for baking cakes! (I’ll bake you a cake for any party, just ask!)
- Honeymooning. 😉
Now for the advice part –
- Stop dating dumb boys/girls that break your heart
- Join the married club!!!!! HAHAHA i can say that because it’s seriously the best.. but don’t rush it
- Stop worrying about what you’re going to be doing in life. I just turned 23 and still have no clue what I REALLY want to do.
- Be in the moment!! Trust me, I love social media and documenting EVERYTHING.. but there comes a time where you just need to enjoy where you are and who you are with.
- Travel, travel, travel!! You’re young!! & if you’re poor, road trips all the way!! Rack up those miles but don’t forget those dumb oil changes.
- Always be there for your friends! When I was engaged I wanted to make sure I didn’t lose contact with some of my close friends. & I’m not saying my life is perfect and I have all the same friends but I do make a point to send a text to an old friend to catch up or to say hi!
- Stop with all the drama! If you are reading this, you are basically an adult. I’m happy to say that I have no drama in my life except when Steven goes to the bathroom in front of me. lol
- Talk to your family often. I always seem to be “too busy” to call my family which I regret, but now I try to facetime them every sunday and it makes such a difference because you feel more connected even if you feel far away from them.
- Make new friends!! Get out of your normal clique & have fun with life!! Life is so great!!
So there are 22 big events / advice to all of you. I might have rambled buttttt i’m trying to write more on this blog!! Today has been a great day so far. Steven made me a green smoothie as I was getting ready for work, Kari bought me Provo Bakery & made me homemade muffins. Then I came home for lunch and Steven had me wait on the bed for “lunch in bed.” & guess what it was?? Donut French Toast with a homemade strawberry peach sauce that he made! (I love my little personal chef). We discovered donut french toast at a cute breakfast place on our honeymoon in Newport Beach, CA and he found the recipe & made them!! YUM. My next blog post will be on my bridals! So stay tuned!